About my Blog
So please let me know what you think of my Articles & Columns, and let other conservatives know about my blog.
Quick Note: I only link to wikipedia articles that I have checked out and are used only for reference material.
Welcome to my blog, Solomon's Conservative Wisdom. The name of this blog comes from my middle name and the historical & biblical figure King Solomon. This group is dedicated to conservatism, and I invite all conservatives to join, I really don’t mind non-conservatives joining. All I expect is a respectful debate. So tell everyone you know.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Here is the Video from American Live with Megyn Kelly,
Lotto Winner Denied Jackpot
The State of Florida needs to pay up, if this was a privet business in their state that was doing this they would be threatening to go after them with the police powers of the government. Personally these state lotteries are nothing but a poor tax some of the people I have seen buying these lotto ticket are on some kind of government "assistance" that's our money going for these people to gamble with. Don't get me wrong by the way in general I do not have a problem with gambling, its when people are using tax payers money to gamble with that angers me.
The worst thing about state lotteries are the odds, here is a good example from the Georgia lottery game MegaMillions;
5 White Balls + Mega Ball Prize: Grand/Jackpot Odds: 1 in 175,711,536,
5 White Balls Prize: $250,000 Odds: 1 in 3,904,701,
4 White Balls + Mega Ball Prize: $10,000 Odds: 1 in 689,065,
4 White Balls Prize: $150 Odds: 1 in 15,313,
3 White Balls + Mega Ball Prize: 150 Odds: 1 in 13,781,
2 White Balls + Mega Ball Prize: $10 Odds: 1 in 844,
3 White Balls Prize: $7 Odds: 1 in 306,
1 White Balls + Mega Ball Prize: $3 Odds: 1 in 141 and,
0 White Balls + Mega Ball Prize: $2 Odds: 1 in 75.
In basic theory in order to win two dollars one would need to buy 75 tickets, now there are people who play week after week with out ever wining a serious prize if you add that up by a one dollar a week for five years that adds up to $260, and most are usually playing five to ten tickets at a time, and some games play more then one a week.
Now I don't know about anyone else but if I am going to waste that kind money I am going to go to Las Vegas, Nevada and play BlackJack because the odds are much better with that then with the State Lotto's, Poker also has better odds too if you play your hands right. It's ironic that the States say no to the casino type of gambling, but the kind that fleeces you they not only say yes to, but they run it, and if you win they might just say its a misprint.
P.S. I might follow this up latter with something more on the casino type of gambling.
- ► 2012 (20)
- May 2010's Quote.
- It Says You're a Winner, but its Just a Misprint.
- Judge Joe Brown on Stolen Phone.
- Anthony Weiner vs Glenn Beck, and the Progressive ...
- Capitalism is Matter and Socialism is Antimatter
- The Founders Were Fabulous
- Teacher Sues for Right to Flunk Her Students.
- If You Build it They Will Come, but if you Sell it...
- Follow up to: Thoughts on the Next-Generation iPho...
- Christan Symbolizes, A Card Game, and Two Countrie...
- Glenn Kills the Dangers CO2 Global Warming Idea.
- The American Flag is still Incendiary.
- If They Can't Win, They Will Just Destroy It!
- Tensions Rising over the American Flag in Californ...
- Bill O'Reilly Says the American Flag Wearing Stude...
- Glenn Beck with Legal Immigrants.
- Tonight Glenn Beck with Legal Immigrants.
- The American Flag is now Incendiary?!
- Throw the Bums Out! Updated!
- 'Los Suns' Jerseys, This is Geting Old Fast!
- Some belated Earth Day & Hour Humor.
- America and Our Rights.
- Some New Things I am Doing here.
- Times Square Car Bomb NOT Terrorism.
- The BP Oil Derrick Violations.
- Now We Have A Bomb at the Pittsburgh Marathon. Upd...
- The Times Square Bomb Plot
- First Cyanide and Now a Car Bomb in Times Square, ...
- Top Entrecard droppers for April.
- Defending Capitalism: Flea Markets
- ▼ May (30)
- 9/11 (4)
- Abortion (7)
- Articles and Columns (51)
- Bill O'Reilly (21)
- business (8)
- charity (2)
- Coffee Party (1)
- Conservatism (12)
- Crime (17)
- Death and Taxes (1)
- Death Penalty (2)
- Economics (13)
- Education (6)
- Election 2012 (1)
- Ethanol (1)
- Florida Senate Race (1)
- Follow Up (5)
- Gambling (1)
- Glenn Beck (6)
- Global Warming (33)
- Gold Standard (2)
- GOP (1)
- Guantánamo (6)
- Gun Control (8)
- Guns (7)
- Health Care (3)
- History (13)
- Homeschooling (4)
- Humor (7)
- Illegal Immigration (7)
- Iraq War (1)
- James O'Keefe (2)
- Katrina (3)
- News (197)
- Nuclear Power (2)
- Obama Administration (38)
- Oil (4)
- PC Games (1)
- Personal Responsibility (19)
- Personal Thoughts (27)
- PETA (2)
- Political Cartoons (2)
- Popular Culture (1)
- Pornography (1)
- Preview (1)
- Progressive (3)
- Quotes (10)
- Railroads (1)
- Religion (3)
- Republican Party. (1)
- Review Wednesday (2)
- Ron Paul (1)
- Schools (21)
- Science (16)
- Something New and Different (2)
- Somthing New and Different (2)
- Taxes (1)
- Tea Party (6)
- terrorism (4)
- UN (3)
- Unions (1)
- US Economy (5)
- US Supreme Court (1)
- Veterans (2)
- Video Games (1)
- Video/Music Clip (27)
- Violence (3)
- War (10)
- War on Terror (10)
- Wasted Tax dollars (2)
- Weiners (2)
- World News (37)
- WW2 (3)