About my Blog
So please let me know what you think of my Articles & Columns, and let other conservatives know about my blog.
Quick Note: I only link to wikipedia articles that I have checked out and are used only for reference material.
Welcome to my blog, Solomon's Conservative Wisdom. The name of this blog comes from my middle name and the historical & biblical figure King Solomon. This group is dedicated to conservatism, and I invite all conservatives to join, I really don’t mind non-conservatives joining. All I expect is a respectful debate. So tell everyone you know.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
1st. The issue of preexisting conditions, for a lot of people the idea an Insurance Company or a Health Insurance provider denying someone coverage for a preexisting conditions wrong, but these companies are not there for you as a charity they are in business to make money, at the moment the profit margin of those companies is around 3.3%, I will have more on profit margins latter. Now I do think these companies should be able to cover these people depending on what the preexisting condition is, also coverage for other health conditions not related to the preexisting condition, as long as they are able to charge for their costs.
2nd. This one also goes with the previous in terms of similarity, health care coverage mandates, what most people don't know is most states, especially the more progressive states, require insurance providers to cover certain health conditions in the insurance of the residents of that state, for example, a state might require insurance providers cover pregnancy in the insurance polices of that state. Now some might be saying "well whats wrong with that?" the problem is they don't stop at one, two, four, eight, sixteen, thirty-two or more health conditions, and the problem there is for each mandate that adds to the cost of a persons policy, usually about 1% for each mandate. What would work best for the consumer is what I like to call the Chinese menu option, where the consumer if free to chose what they want their policy to cover whether it's personal or family, and to help you with the image imagine if the government was to mandate that when you order Chinese in addition to what you want you also had to get items 1, 5, 16, 25, and 45, if you have a Chinese menu add that up and see what it would cost you.
3rd. The public option, this one I don't like at all, at it's base level its just redistribution of wealth, instead of letting privet charities cover the poor, the progressives want the government to do it, and its more then just thinking government can do it better, its about getting people to rely on government for Health Insurance, to the point where they think its the government's job. And as the issue of mandatory coverage for everyone that one is just plain unconstitutional, you can not mandate people get Health Insurance, and no car insurance comparisons, driving is not a right, and neither is Health Insurance. While you shouldn't be denied treatment for a life threatening illness it doesn't mean you have a right to force others to pay for you insurance or treatment.
4th. And finally the issue of employer coverage, it shouldn't be required that an employer cover an employee when it comes to insurance, if an employer wants to offer it as a perk for working at that company, fine, but to force a company to cover people would only give even more power to an already power hungry government. What most don't know is that employer started offering to pay for employee insurance when FDR started cracking down on what employer's could pay to an employee.
Finally, if the government would get of the backs of the American People when it came to taxes of all kinds and the mandates on the employer and consumer the So Called Health Care Crisis would be over in months. And as to a comment that Obama made to Senator John McCain no longer campaigning, seriously, you would have the audacity to make that comment with the way you have been running things.
P.S. I will deal with the issue of Tort reform and Lawyers at a later date.
- ► 2012 (20)
- February 2010's Quote.
- Teen Pregnancy
- The Death of a Modern American Icon, the Hummer.
- The Oil Company Profits and the Truth Bill O’Reill...
- The Orca Attack.
- The So Called Health Care Crisis
- Duke Lacrosse Accuser Charged With Attempted Murde...
- The Ole Miss mascot, Colonel Reb
- My Opinion on Ron Paul and the CPAC straw poll.
- What is True Conservatism?
- The Problem with the Gold Standard.
- Ethanol - The Gas Substitute that Can’t. And Other...
- Follow up to, A Snowballs Chance in ...
- One Degree of Separation, on These Stories
- Nazi Germany's Secret Plan to Bomb New York
- A Snowballs Chance in ...
- You can be fined for leaving you bike UNlocked!
- Global Warming Update, the Sky is Falling in Augus...
- New images of 9/11 released
- It’s the hottest year on ... what?! Record Snows i...
- Killer Bees, More to Bee Afraid of then Before.
- 'Miss Me Yet?' Billboard With Photo Of Bush Is Rea...
- Three Historical News Stories about Rome.
- Dozens of States to Begin Selling Both Mega Millio...
- High-Tech Energy "Oasis" to Bloom in the Desert?
- How to Improve Public (Goverment) Schools Pt on Su...
- 32 New Planets Found Outside Our Solar System
- Five New Planets Found; Hotter Than Molten Lava
- Victims sue over too-hot hash browns, slippery toi...
- The new Coke mini: Pay more, get less
- I will be busy with other things for the next seve...
- Edwards Mistress Battles for Control of Alleged Se...
- Inconvenient Truth for Gore as Arctic Ice Claims D...
- More Entertainment. I
- A Lawyer in Under an Hour or get out of Jail Free,...
- Something Entertaining, Ray Stevens We The People ...
- Top Muslim group withholds tax records from IRS.
- New Look.
- Some Slideshows on Fox.
- New Attacks on the Tim Tebow Pro Life Ad to air du...
- Obama to End NASA Constellation Program
- Does Michael Moore even know the meaning of Hypocr...
- On Both Sides of the Atlantic, a Debate Over Quali...
- It was bound to happen eventually.
- China Warns U.S. on Plans for Arms Sales to Taiwan...
- 30 Years of Global Cooling Are Coming, Leading Sci...
- ▼ February (46)
- 9/11 (4)
- Abortion (7)
- Articles and Columns (51)
- Bill O'Reilly (21)
- business (8)
- charity (2)
- Coffee Party (1)
- Conservatism (12)
- Crime (17)
- Death and Taxes (1)
- Death Penalty (2)
- Economics (13)
- Education (6)
- Election 2012 (1)
- Ethanol (1)
- Florida Senate Race (1)
- Follow Up (5)
- Gambling (1)
- Glenn Beck (6)
- Global Warming (33)
- Gold Standard (2)
- GOP (1)
- Guantánamo (6)
- Gun Control (8)
- Guns (7)
- Health Care (3)
- History (13)
- Homeschooling (4)
- Humor (7)
- Illegal Immigration (7)
- Iraq War (1)
- James O'Keefe (2)
- Katrina (3)
- News (197)
- Nuclear Power (2)
- Obama Administration (38)
- Oil (4)
- PC Games (1)
- Personal Responsibility (19)
- Personal Thoughts (27)
- PETA (2)
- Political Cartoons (2)
- Popular Culture (1)
- Pornography (1)
- Preview (1)
- Progressive (3)
- Quotes (10)
- Railroads (1)
- Religion (3)
- Republican Party. (1)
- Review Wednesday (2)
- Ron Paul (1)
- Schools (21)
- Science (16)
- Something New and Different (2)
- Somthing New and Different (2)
- Taxes (1)
- Tea Party (6)
- terrorism (4)
- UN (3)
- Unions (1)
- US Economy (5)
- US Supreme Court (1)
- Veterans (2)
- Video Games (1)
- Video/Music Clip (27)
- Violence (3)
- War (10)
- War on Terror (10)
- Wasted Tax dollars (2)
- Weiners (2)
- World News (37)
- WW2 (3)