Welcome to Solomon's Conservative Wisdom

Welcome to my Conservative Blog, Solomon's Conservative Wisdom. The name comes from my middle name and the historical & biblical figure King Solomon, now I make no claim to have Solomon's Wisdom, but I do have Common Sense. I welcome anyone to join in and comment about anything I may have written, posted or one of my Articles / Columns. This blog is dedicated to conservatism and freedom. I invite all conservatives to join in, I don’t mind non-conservatives joining in (after all the only way to change liberals and fence-sitters is to debate them and change their minds, some are just too hard headed to admit they are wrong) . All I expect is a respectful debate.

I have recently split my postings to a few other blogs I own, Solomon's Conservative Wisdom, Solomon's Conservative Wisdom II, and Solomon's Conservative Wisdom at Townhall.com, to spread out some of my postings.
So check them out and tell me what you think.

Please comment on my Articles and Columns, as well as any other post that is not just a link to a story.

I want to know what others think and have a debate. And make sure to check out my Articles and Columns if you haven't already.

So tell everyone you know.


Quote of the Year

Runs until 12/31/2012

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S. Patton

Quote of the Month

Runs until 11/07/2012


"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood."

General George S. Patton


Bonus Quote

"If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."

President Barack Hussein Obama II


Current Health Issues

I am currently having health issues for information and to possibly help see here, My Recent Health Issue.

About my Blog

On this blog I will be posting my Articles & Columns that I have writen, as well as posting news items and links that I see that I believe are relevant or when I think things might be getting too serious some thing else.
So please let me know what you think of my Articles & Columns, and let other conservatives know about my blog.

Quick Note: I only link to wikipedia articles that I have checked out and are used only for reference material.

Welcome to my blog, Solomon's Conservative Wisdom. The name of this blog comes from my middle name and the historical & biblical figure King Solomon. This group is dedicated to conservatism, and I invite all conservatives to join, I really don’t mind non-conservatives joining. All I expect is a respectful debate. So tell everyone you know.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The So Called Health Care Crisis

With the current Health Care Summit going on, I thought I would talk about it, first I like how the republicans managed to reverse the trap the Dem's had planned, personally I thought they shouldn't have gone. Now on to the issue of Health Care I want to start with some of the more contentious issues such as the issue of preexisting conditions, health care coverage mandates, the public option & mandatory coverage, and the issue of employer coverage.

1st. The issue of preexisting conditions, for a lot of people the idea an Insurance Company or a Health Insurance provider denying someone coverage for a preexisting conditions wrong, but these companies are not there for you as a charity they are in business to make money, at the moment the profit margin of those companies is around 3.3%, I will have more on profit margins latter. Now I do think these companies should be able to cover these people depending on what the preexisting condition is, also coverage for other health conditions not related to the preexisting condition, as long as they are able to charge for their costs.

2nd. This one also goes with the previous in terms of similarity, health care coverage mandates, what most people don't know is most states, especially the more progressive states, require insurance providers to cover certain health conditions in the insurance of the residents of that state, for example, a state might require insurance providers cover pregnancy in the insurance polices of that state. Now some might be saying "well whats wrong with that?" the problem is they don't stop at one, two, four, eight, sixteen, thirty-two or more health conditions, and the problem there is for each mandate that adds to the cost of a persons policy, usually about 1% for each mandate. What would work best for the consumer is what I like to call the Chinese menu option, where the consumer if free to chose what they want their policy to cover whether it's personal or family, and to help you with the image imagine if the government was to mandate that when you order Chinese in addition to what you want you also had to get items 1, 5, 16, 25, and 45, if you have a Chinese menu add that up and see what it would cost you.

3rd. The public option, this one I don't like at all, at it's base level its just redistribution of wealth, instead of letting privet charities cover the poor, the progressives want the government to do it, and its more then just thinking government can do it better, its about getting people to rely on government for Health Insurance, to the point where they think its the government's job. And as the issue of mandatory coverage for everyone that one is just plain unconstitutional, you can not mandate people get Health Insurance, and no car insurance comparisons, driving is not a right, and neither is Health Insurance. While you shouldn't be denied treatment for a life threatening illness it doesn't mean you have a right to force others to pay for you insurance or treatment.

4th. And finally the issue of employer coverage, it shouldn't be required that an employer cover an employee when it comes to insurance, if an employer wants to offer it as a perk for working at that company, fine, but to force a company to cover people would only give even more power to an already power hungry government. What most don't know is that employer started offering to pay for employee insurance when FDR started cracking down on what employer's could pay to an employee.

Finally, if the government would get of the backs of the American People when it came to taxes of all kinds and the mandates on the employer and consumer the So Called Health Care Crisis would be over in months. And as to a comment that Obama made to Senator John McCain no longer campaigning, seriously, you would have the audacity to make that comment with the way you have been running things.

Solomon.
P.S. I will deal with the issue of Tort reform and Lawyers at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Donate to Support my Blog.

Ray Stevens - Throw the Bums Out

Blog Archive

Recent Visitors


Should the Goverment be allowed to regulate Video Games.