About my Blog
So please let me know what you think of my Articles & Columns, and let other conservatives know about my blog.
Quick Note: I only link to wikipedia articles that I have checked out and are used only for reference material.
Welcome to my blog, Solomon's Conservative Wisdom. The name of this blog comes from my middle name and the historical & biblical figure King Solomon. This group is dedicated to conservatism, and I invite all conservatives to join, I really don’t mind non-conservatives joining. All I expect is a respectful debate. So tell everyone you know.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
First on Ron Paul, I have to say I have no problem with the man. I like him as a person and a Congressman, as a presidential candidate I had some issues with him, first is how much he seems to be a libertarian more then a conservative, while I agree with him on some issues such as securing the borders, abolition of the IRS and the abolition of the income tax, getting rid of the Federal Reserve, though I would probably move some of what the Fed does to the United States Department of the Treasury, and the banning or restriction of abortion. Of course there are a few more issues I might agree with him on. The problem I have with him are, first the issue of our national defence, now I know good number of people now think the issue of going to war with Iraq was a bad choice, but the problem there is the fact Saddam Hussein was a tyrant, a madman, and ignored or evaded every attempt to prove he didn't have WMDs, I know that now we know the intelligence was flawed and some say we should have known that, but the problem with that argument is it ignores just how dangerous Saddam Hussein really was. No matter how I look at the issue on the Iraq War there was no other option in my opinion. Also on the issue of national defence was his first reaction to 9-11 with the idea of letters of marque and reprisal, while it is creative it would only have gone after the terrorists and not their supporters in Afghanistan, though he did vote with the original authorization for use of military force against the terrorists in Afghanistan. Second is the issue of going back on the gold standard or a commodity standard for our currency. You can check my article, The Problem with the Gold Standard, on that one.
Now as to the Issue of the CPAC straw poll, Ron Paul supporters are well know for their support of him and would be far more likely to vote in a straw poll then others. Also while he might have support at the moment, I believe conservatives and the American people are much more likely to support a Ronald Reagen conservative, then a libertarian, not that I don't dislike libertarians but some of their ideas just don't work with true conservatism. If Ron Paul was to become President I think he would do a good job, though he might find some of his ideas may not work out the way he might think they will.
- ► 2012 (20)
- February 2010's Quote.
- Teen Pregnancy
- The Death of a Modern American Icon, the Hummer.
- The Oil Company Profits and the Truth Bill O’Reill...
- The Orca Attack.
- The So Called Health Care Crisis
- Duke Lacrosse Accuser Charged With Attempted Murde...
- The Ole Miss mascot, Colonel Reb
- My Opinion on Ron Paul and the CPAC straw poll.
- What is True Conservatism?
- The Problem with the Gold Standard.
- Ethanol - The Gas Substitute that Can’t. And Other...
- Follow up to, A Snowballs Chance in ...
- One Degree of Separation, on These Stories
- Nazi Germany's Secret Plan to Bomb New York
- A Snowballs Chance in ...
- You can be fined for leaving you bike UNlocked!
- Global Warming Update, the Sky is Falling in Augus...
- New images of 9/11 released
- It’s the hottest year on ... what?! Record Snows i...
- Killer Bees, More to Bee Afraid of then Before.
- 'Miss Me Yet?' Billboard With Photo Of Bush Is Rea...
- Three Historical News Stories about Rome.
- Dozens of States to Begin Selling Both Mega Millio...
- High-Tech Energy "Oasis" to Bloom in the Desert?
- How to Improve Public (Goverment) Schools Pt on Su...
- 32 New Planets Found Outside Our Solar System
- Five New Planets Found; Hotter Than Molten Lava
- Victims sue over too-hot hash browns, slippery toi...
- The new Coke mini: Pay more, get less
- I will be busy with other things for the next seve...
- Edwards Mistress Battles for Control of Alleged Se...
- Inconvenient Truth for Gore as Arctic Ice Claims D...
- More Entertainment. I
- A Lawyer in Under an Hour or get out of Jail Free,...
- Something Entertaining, Ray Stevens We The People ...
- Top Muslim group withholds tax records from IRS.
- New Look.
- Some Slideshows on Fox.
- New Attacks on the Tim Tebow Pro Life Ad to air du...
- Obama to End NASA Constellation Program
- Does Michael Moore even know the meaning of Hypocr...
- On Both Sides of the Atlantic, a Debate Over Quali...
- It was bound to happen eventually.
- China Warns U.S. on Plans for Arms Sales to Taiwan...
- 30 Years of Global Cooling Are Coming, Leading Sci...
- ▼ February (46)
- 9/11 (4)
- Abortion (7)
- Articles and Columns (51)
- Bill O'Reilly (21)
- business (8)
- charity (2)
- Coffee Party (1)
- Conservatism (12)
- Crime (17)
- Death and Taxes (1)
- Death Penalty (2)
- Economics (13)
- Education (6)
- Election 2012 (1)
- Ethanol (1)
- Florida Senate Race (1)
- Follow Up (5)
- Gambling (1)
- Glenn Beck (6)
- Global Warming (33)
- Gold Standard (2)
- GOP (1)
- Guantánamo (6)
- Gun Control (8)
- Guns (7)
- Health Care (3)
- History (13)
- Homeschooling (4)
- Humor (7)
- Illegal Immigration (7)
- Iraq War (1)
- James O'Keefe (2)
- Katrina (3)
- News (197)
- Nuclear Power (2)
- Obama Administration (38)
- Oil (4)
- PC Games (1)
- Personal Responsibility (19)
- Personal Thoughts (27)
- PETA (2)
- Political Cartoons (2)
- Popular Culture (1)
- Pornography (1)
- Preview (1)
- Progressive (3)
- Quotes (10)
- Railroads (1)
- Religion (3)
- Republican Party. (1)
- Review Wednesday (2)
- Ron Paul (1)
- Schools (21)
- Science (16)
- Something New and Different (2)
- Somthing New and Different (2)
- Taxes (1)
- Tea Party (6)
- terrorism (4)
- UN (3)
- Unions (1)
- US Economy (5)
- US Supreme Court (1)
- Veterans (2)
- Video Games (1)
- Video/Music Clip (27)
- Violence (3)
- War (10)
- War on Terror (10)
- Wasted Tax dollars (2)
- Weiners (2)
- World News (37)
- WW2 (3)