About my Blog
So please let me know what you think of my Articles & Columns, and let other conservatives know about my blog.
Quick Note: I only link to wikipedia articles that I have checked out and are used only for reference material.
Welcome to my blog, Solomon's Conservative Wisdom. The name of this blog comes from my middle name and the historical & biblical figure King Solomon. This group is dedicated to conservatism, and I invite all conservatives to join, I really don’t mind non-conservatives joining. All I expect is a respectful debate. So tell everyone you know.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
First off I believe the Hummer will become an American Icon like the cars and trucks from the 30s to the early 60s, while many like Bill O'Rilly may be celebrating the end of a gas guzzling monstrosity, this didn't have to happen, as any one can check from my past two major articles, Ethanol - The Gas Substitute that Can’t. And Other Options and, The Oil Company Profits and the Truth Bill O’Reilly Ignores, and also this article, They're making the same mistake again. Russia Unveils Stealth Fighter, you might find relevant. For the past sixty+ years the government has been mucking around in private companies business when it comes to technology, as I pointed out in the previous article, They're making the same mistake again. Russia Unveils Stealth Fighter, when the government is allowed to decide what technology is feasible and what's not, it can have horrible consequences. If you look at my post on Nuclear Power, we should be more technologically further along then we currently are, this is because of the environmentalists and progressives views, wither legitimate or not. While some scientific research should be done in very restrained conditions as to prevent the possibly of bad things get out of control, it does not mean that the government should be the ones to decide what that research is this is not a video game.
Unlike people like O'Rilly, people should be able to drive what ever they want as long as they can pass the drivers test, this country was built on freedom, and sometimes that you have to let something you don't like be produced, I don't like some of the small cars that have been suggested we use many of them look like golf carts, but I don't want them ended just because I do not like them. While this isn't completely an issue of freedom it is important to note that many of the politicians who have issues with what they call Gas-guzzlers, they are quick to use these vehicles often rich luxury versions of those vehicles, making themselves hypocrites using what they tell others not to use.
The people, the consumers should be the ones who determine what is successful and what isn't, and while the Hummer is line that suffered from the high gas prices, it is the energy policy, one which has been against using American resources for America, the Slogans "Drill, Here, Drill Now" & "Drill, Baby, Drill" may be simple the American people see what the opposite produces with the Chinese working on drilling of the cost in Cuban waters in ways that could tap into American resources, something that disturbs the average American. And as to the issue of oil companies having land they can supposedly drill on in leases, even is they should find oil resources there, there is no guaranty that the government will allow them to exploit those resources, as has happened is a couple of cases.
Of coarse the Hummer will not disappear from the highways and road ways of America, just as many classic cars and trucks still ply the roads today maintained by people like Jay Leno, car collectors who prize such Americana as well as other countries contribution's to automotive history. Every day one of us will see these classics that will remind us of what America has done and what we're still capable of doing.
- ► 2012 (20)
- February 2010's Quote.
- Teen Pregnancy
- The Death of a Modern American Icon, the Hummer.
- The Oil Company Profits and the Truth Bill O’Reill...
- The Orca Attack.
- The So Called Health Care Crisis
- Duke Lacrosse Accuser Charged With Attempted Murde...
- The Ole Miss mascot, Colonel Reb
- My Opinion on Ron Paul and the CPAC straw poll.
- What is True Conservatism?
- The Problem with the Gold Standard.
- Ethanol - The Gas Substitute that Can’t. And Other...
- Follow up to, A Snowballs Chance in ...
- One Degree of Separation, on These Stories
- Nazi Germany's Secret Plan to Bomb New York
- A Snowballs Chance in ...
- You can be fined for leaving you bike UNlocked!
- Global Warming Update, the Sky is Falling in Augus...
- New images of 9/11 released
- It’s the hottest year on ... what?! Record Snows i...
- Killer Bees, More to Bee Afraid of then Before.
- 'Miss Me Yet?' Billboard With Photo Of Bush Is Rea...
- Three Historical News Stories about Rome.
- Dozens of States to Begin Selling Both Mega Millio...
- High-Tech Energy "Oasis" to Bloom in the Desert?
- How to Improve Public (Goverment) Schools Pt on Su...
- 32 New Planets Found Outside Our Solar System
- Five New Planets Found; Hotter Than Molten Lava
- Victims sue over too-hot hash browns, slippery toi...
- The new Coke mini: Pay more, get less
- I will be busy with other things for the next seve...
- Edwards Mistress Battles for Control of Alleged Se...
- Inconvenient Truth for Gore as Arctic Ice Claims D...
- More Entertainment. I
- A Lawyer in Under an Hour or get out of Jail Free,...
- Something Entertaining, Ray Stevens We The People ...
- Top Muslim group withholds tax records from IRS.
- New Look.
- Some Slideshows on Fox.
- New Attacks on the Tim Tebow Pro Life Ad to air du...
- Obama to End NASA Constellation Program
- Does Michael Moore even know the meaning of Hypocr...
- On Both Sides of the Atlantic, a Debate Over Quali...
- It was bound to happen eventually.
- China Warns U.S. on Plans for Arms Sales to Taiwan...
- 30 Years of Global Cooling Are Coming, Leading Sci...
- ▼ February (46)
- 9/11 (4)
- Abortion (7)
- Articles and Columns (51)
- Bill O'Reilly (21)
- business (8)
- charity (2)
- Coffee Party (1)
- Conservatism (12)
- Crime (17)
- Death and Taxes (1)
- Death Penalty (2)
- Economics (13)
- Education (6)
- Election 2012 (1)
- Ethanol (1)
- Florida Senate Race (1)
- Follow Up (5)
- Gambling (1)
- Glenn Beck (6)
- Global Warming (33)
- Gold Standard (2)
- GOP (1)
- Guantánamo (6)
- Gun Control (8)
- Guns (7)
- Health Care (3)
- History (13)
- Homeschooling (4)
- Humor (7)
- Illegal Immigration (7)
- Iraq War (1)
- James O'Keefe (2)
- Katrina (3)
- News (197)
- Nuclear Power (2)
- Obama Administration (38)
- Oil (4)
- PC Games (1)
- Personal Responsibility (19)
- Personal Thoughts (27)
- PETA (2)
- Political Cartoons (2)
- Popular Culture (1)
- Pornography (1)
- Preview (1)
- Progressive (3)
- Quotes (10)
- Railroads (1)
- Religion (3)
- Republican Party. (1)
- Review Wednesday (2)
- Ron Paul (1)
- Schools (21)
- Science (16)
- Something New and Different (2)
- Somthing New and Different (2)
- Taxes (1)
- Tea Party (6)
- terrorism (4)
- UN (3)
- Unions (1)
- US Economy (5)
- US Supreme Court (1)
- Veterans (2)
- Video Games (1)
- Video/Music Clip (27)
- Violence (3)
- War (10)
- War on Terror (10)
- Wasted Tax dollars (2)
- Weiners (2)
- World News (37)
- WW2 (3)