About my Blog
So please let me know what you think of my Articles & Columns, and let other conservatives know about my blog.
Quick Note: I only link to wikipedia articles that I have checked out and are used only for reference material.
Welcome to my blog, Solomon's Conservative Wisdom. The name of this blog comes from my middle name and the historical & biblical figure King Solomon. This group is dedicated to conservatism, and I invite all conservatives to join, I really don’t mind non-conservatives joining. All I expect is a respectful debate. So tell everyone you know.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
I also have the video of a BBC wildlife report from Texas about the Killer bee invasion, Link. And I have the link to a National Geographic clip on the effects of the Africanized Bee on the rainforest, Link.
Part of the problem with the Africanized Bee is how aggressive it is, several things can trigger them, a lawnmower, vibrations that disturb the hive, a bee killed by accident close to the nest (it doesn’t need to have stung), and they can be attracted to other things as well that if disturbed when attracted could trigger an attack.
So why I am I talking about this? One reason, I have always had an issue with dangerous animals that can’t be lived with or avoided, and Killer Bees are on the top of my list, the fact that they will attack with such ferocity combined with their expansive nature, makes this a big problem. Let me paint you a picture of a worse case scenario set in Las Vegas, someone accidentally disturbs an Africanized Bee nest, in response the bees start attacking anything that moves, other nests near by start attacking as well, this forms a huge area where until the bees calm down or all of the bees are dead no one will be safe. A proverbial Bee-mageddon for the city.
And while I am on this subject I might as well bring in the film, The Swarm (1977-1978), while the idea of a massive moving cloud of Killer Bees is over the top, at the same time they actually had something to work with, if a hive is disturbed they will attack anything that moves, it doesn’t have to be alive for them to attack it, and if that hive is close enough to other hives could trigger a greater attack. This is just a theory but if one hive is threatened others might react in response because they may view that the predator/intruder may try to disturb their nest. Also here is a link to the trailer for The Swarm on YouTube, Link. Just in case your curious.
Unfortunately there is no easy solution to this problem, with the Africanized Bee well spread in South and Central America, even if you were to get rid of all of the ones in the US territory, more would just move in from the south. Only a constant monitoring will keep the general public safe, and government shouldn't be the only ones trying to remove this threat.
- ► 2012 (20)
- February 2010's Quote.
- Teen Pregnancy
- The Death of a Modern American Icon, the Hummer.
- The Oil Company Profits and the Truth Bill O’Reill...
- The Orca Attack.
- The So Called Health Care Crisis
- Duke Lacrosse Accuser Charged With Attempted Murde...
- The Ole Miss mascot, Colonel Reb
- My Opinion on Ron Paul and the CPAC straw poll.
- What is True Conservatism?
- The Problem with the Gold Standard.
- Ethanol - The Gas Substitute that Can’t. And Other...
- Follow up to, A Snowballs Chance in ...
- One Degree of Separation, on These Stories
- Nazi Germany's Secret Plan to Bomb New York
- A Snowballs Chance in ...
- You can be fined for leaving you bike UNlocked!
- Global Warming Update, the Sky is Falling in Augus...
- New images of 9/11 released
- It’s the hottest year on ... what?! Record Snows i...
- Killer Bees, More to Bee Afraid of then Before.
- 'Miss Me Yet?' Billboard With Photo Of Bush Is Rea...
- Three Historical News Stories about Rome.
- Dozens of States to Begin Selling Both Mega Millio...
- High-Tech Energy "Oasis" to Bloom in the Desert?
- How to Improve Public (Goverment) Schools Pt on Su...
- 32 New Planets Found Outside Our Solar System
- Five New Planets Found; Hotter Than Molten Lava
- Victims sue over too-hot hash browns, slippery toi...
- The new Coke mini: Pay more, get less
- I will be busy with other things for the next seve...
- Edwards Mistress Battles for Control of Alleged Se...
- Inconvenient Truth for Gore as Arctic Ice Claims D...
- More Entertainment. I
- A Lawyer in Under an Hour or get out of Jail Free,...
- Something Entertaining, Ray Stevens We The People ...
- Top Muslim group withholds tax records from IRS.
- New Look.
- Some Slideshows on Fox.
- New Attacks on the Tim Tebow Pro Life Ad to air du...
- Obama to End NASA Constellation Program
- Does Michael Moore even know the meaning of Hypocr...
- On Both Sides of the Atlantic, a Debate Over Quali...
- It was bound to happen eventually.
- China Warns U.S. on Plans for Arms Sales to Taiwan...
- 30 Years of Global Cooling Are Coming, Leading Sci...
- ▼ February (46)
- 9/11 (4)
- Abortion (7)
- Articles and Columns (51)
- Bill O'Reilly (21)
- business (8)
- charity (2)
- Coffee Party (1)
- Conservatism (12)
- Crime (17)
- Death and Taxes (1)
- Death Penalty (2)
- Economics (13)
- Education (6)
- Election 2012 (1)
- Ethanol (1)
- Florida Senate Race (1)
- Follow Up (5)
- Gambling (1)
- Glenn Beck (6)
- Global Warming (33)
- Gold Standard (2)
- GOP (1)
- Guantánamo (6)
- Gun Control (8)
- Guns (7)
- Health Care (3)
- History (13)
- Homeschooling (4)
- Humor (7)
- Illegal Immigration (7)
- Iraq War (1)
- James O'Keefe (2)
- Katrina (3)
- News (197)
- Nuclear Power (2)
- Obama Administration (38)
- Oil (4)
- PC Games (1)
- Personal Responsibility (19)
- Personal Thoughts (27)
- PETA (2)
- Political Cartoons (2)
- Popular Culture (1)
- Pornography (1)
- Preview (1)
- Progressive (3)
- Quotes (10)
- Railroads (1)
- Religion (3)
- Republican Party. (1)
- Review Wednesday (2)
- Ron Paul (1)
- Schools (21)
- Science (16)
- Something New and Different (2)
- Somthing New and Different (2)
- Taxes (1)
- Tea Party (6)
- terrorism (4)
- UN (3)
- Unions (1)
- US Economy (5)
- US Supreme Court (1)
- Veterans (2)
- Video Games (1)
- Video/Music Clip (27)
- Violence (3)
- War (10)
- War on Terror (10)
- Wasted Tax dollars (2)
- Weiners (2)
- World News (37)
- WW2 (3)