About my Blog
So please let me know what you think of my Articles & Columns, and let other conservatives know about my blog.
Quick Note: I only link to wikipedia articles that I have checked out and are used only for reference material.
Welcome to my blog, Solomon's Conservative Wisdom. The name of this blog comes from my middle name and the historical & biblical figure King Solomon. This group is dedicated to conservatism, and I invite all conservatives to join, I really don’t mind non-conservatives joining. All I expect is a respectful debate. So tell everyone you know.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Should Obama and the Democrats close Gitmo, there is a very real danger of bringing a large number of Terrorists to the US, considering what the left believes criminals are initialed to,the risk of the terrorists escaping from a US jail or prison is very high at least 50% in my opinion
The first thing I want to bring to your attention before my scenario, is several recent high profile jail and prison escapes, my main exhibits of my point are;
• The escape of Brian Nichols on March 11, 2005, Nichols was on trial for rape when he escaped from custody and murdered the judge presiding over his trial, a court reporter, a Sheriff's Deputy and later a Federal agent. A huge manhunt was launched in metro Atlanta and Nichols was taken into custody 26 hours later. The prosecution charged him with committing 54 crimes during the escape and he was found guilty on all counts on November 7, 2008.
• The escape of eight inmates charged with violent crimes escaped from the Curry County Adult Detention Center in Clovis, New Mexico on August 24, 2008. The eight men escaped by climbing prison pipes in a narrow space inside a wall, then using home made instruments to cut a hole in the roof. The jailbreak was featured on a September 6 episode of America's Most Wanted. Four inmates remain at large as of mid-September, including a convicted killer and a man charged with murder.
• On December 15, 2007 inmates Jose Espinosa and Otis Blunt escaped from the high-security level of the Union County jail in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Espinosa was awaiting sentencing on an aggravated manslaughter charge, while Blunt was being held in lieu of bond on robbery and weapons charges. They escaped by scraping away the mortar around the cinder blocks making up the cell walls. They then smashed the block, hid the pieces in a footlocker and covered the holes with pin-up pictures. To delay knowledge of the escape, they made dummies out of sheets and pillowcases and left them in their beds. Espinosa was recaptured on Tuesday,January 8, 2008. Blunt was recaptured the following day Wednesday, January 9, 2008 in Mexico City, Mexico.
• Richard Lee McNair has escaped from custody three times, including from a federal maximum-security prison in April 2006. He was recaptured by the RCMP on October 25, 2007 in Campbellton, New Brunswick, when he was stopped while driving a stolen vehicle.
• Ralph "Bucky" Phillips. Who escaped from prison on April 2, 2006, in New York, by cutting through the ceiling in the kitchen with a can opener, on June 10 he was suspected of a shooting which ended with two troopers dead. Bucky was later caught in Warren County,Pennsylvania, on September 8, 2006, his escape led police on the largest manhunt in New York state history.
• On November 4, 2005, Texas Death Row Inmate Charles Victor Thompson escaped from the Harris County Jail by acquiring a set of street clothes and pretending to be are presentative from the State Attorney General's office to fool the corrections officers. He was recaptured two days later in Shreveport, Louisiana, 200 miles from where he escaped.
• In 1999, Leslie Dale Martin and three other inmates on Louisiana's death row escaped from their cells at the Louisiana State Penitentiary. They were caught within hours before they even managed to escape prison grounds. The four men had managed the escape with the use of hacksaws that had been smuggled in for them by a bribed corrections officer. Other corrections officers were inattentive to the inmates' two to three week efforts at cutting their cell doors and window. After the escape, two corrections officers were fired and two others were demoted.Martin was later overheard by two corrections officers plotting another escape, which included taking hostages and commandeering a vehicle to ram the prison's front gates. Martin was immediately moved to the holding cell outside the Death Chamber, a month before his execution in 2002.
• And my favorite example for ingenuity, on New Year's Eve 2007 Shannon Ray and Humberto Fortanelli escaped from the Arkansas facility with the help of DENTAL FLOSS. The following is from the AMW website, Shannon Ray told AMW's Michelle Sigona he spent the entire month of December 2007 preparing for his great escape, and his plan included a lot ofdental floss. Ray says he heard dental floss could cut through things, so he started playing with it, and that's when he figured out he could saw his way to freedom.
Ray says it only took him a few days to saw through the bar on his window with dental floss, and once he weakened the bar enough, he was able to kick it completely free.
From that point, Ray tells AMW that he started working his way through the bulletproof glass. Ray melted the top portion of the glass with a lighter, and once he ran out of fluid, Ray began to dig his way through the window. Ray says he found a piece of metal from a fence in the yard, and used that as a tool to aide his efforts.
At night, after the inmates went to sleep, Ray would cover up his window with posters and pictures, and would use toothpaste to hold the bar back in place. His idea threw all the guards off; they just thought he didn't want any sunlight to come in his cell.
On New Year's Eve 2007, once the sun went down, cops say Ray and Fortanelli slid out the window and scaled over two eight-foot tall, double razor-wired fences, and escaped to awaiting getaway car.
Ray was originally being held for Aggravated Robbery, and now, he is facing the rest of his life behind bars. Humberto Fortanelli is still on the lamb.
And those were just some of the interesting ones I found there were many more that I could add 3-5 pages worth.
Why are all of these criminals escapes important, because if we are unable to keep our ordinary murderers, rapists, pedophiles, and other criminals in jail or prison, or even death row, how can we expect to keep individuals, terrorists, who believe they are on a holy mission against us in a jail or prison state side? Several of Gitmo’s prisoners who were released retook up arms against us.
Here is my scenario, worst or best case depending on your opinion, Obama and the Democrats close Gitmo and move the detainees state side, and given “their rights” and they will more then likely be given special considerations on the demands of groups like the ACLU giving them the privacy to plain and research their method of escape, after a period of time several terrorists escape, any where between 6 up to 24, and hit a soft target, most likely a school elementary or middle, why? Simple if Hamas and Hezbollah consider the children of jews legitimate targets why wouldn’t al-Qaeda. What happens after this will depend on what city this occurs in, but what happens in the public square is easy to predict, first will be the anger at the left, democrats, and Obama for allow the terrorists a chance to do this, and then the calls for the same politicians to resign or worse, then what happens will depend on who will step up after the tragedy, this much I can guarantee you that no one left of George W. Bush will be trusted in government at lest for a generation possibly more.
At the vary least Obama should take a stand and say the risks to the Citizens of the United States are to high to risk bring them here, unfortunately I believe Obama at the very least is to chained to the far Left to do this.
God help us if it should happen.
By Solomon the Wise
- ► 2012 (20)
- ► 2010 (192)
- Closing Guantánamo & the possibility of a Jail Bre...
- Closing Guantánamo & the possibility of a Jail Bre...
- The State of Customer Service.
- Homegrown Terror on the Rise in 2009
- Woman switches fingerprints to evade immigration
- Violent gangs in well-to-do neighborhoods increasi...
- The New "Drug" in schools . . . potato chips, yes,...
- Woman, 98, charged with murdering 100-year-old roo...
- Man's house broken into while he was on MySpace da...
- Ring, ring, it's Ronald Reagan.
- Groveland officials pulled program from town's cab...
- New Rules of Engagement Killing U.S. Soldiers.
- Let the Obama Witch Hunt Begin. Under New U.S. Hat...
- Let the Obama Inquisitions Begin.
- Global warming hucksters disproven by record low t...
- Don't attack Climate-Gate, attack the Global Warmi...
- Experiment to test killing one owl to help another...
- Stephen Colbert battles USA TODAY over zeppelins.
- San Fran.-area schools end lessons on not bullying...
- Where is the Pay Czar NOW!
- Sign at homeless camp: 'Welcome to Obamaville'
- Criminal background checks are being proposed for ...
- Geothermal: Boom or Bust.
- Climate Quiz: How Much Do You Know?
- Atheist city councilman in NC challenged by foes c...
- Fast-growing Christian churches crushed in China
- Oslo police chase Christians from Nobels
- Good news for America and Gun Ownership.
- SpaceShots: The Week's Best Photos of Our Galaxy
- Illinois Officials Cheer Memo That May Bring Gitmo...
- Man Dies After Choking on Bag of Pot During Arrest...
- 7 of 10 American colleges censor speech
- Christian fathers put in jail for shunning explici...
- For My Jewish Readers,
- What a cartoon taught me about economics and infla...
- Knife-wielding crook attacks hot dog vendor ... a ...
- The Ten Dumbest Green Gadgets
- College Degrees More Expensive, Worth Less in Job ...
- Principal contacted dad's Army commanders when fac...
- University of Minnesota Under Fire for Task Force'...
- Woman claims swine-flu shot caused paralysis.
- U.N. climate chief to cash in on carbon scheme.
- Woman Sues Hospital After Drinking Binge Leads to ...
- Family Dog Survives 98 Days on Deserted New Jersey...
- Planned Parenthood workers 'giving misinformation ...
- Fistgate: Obama chief 'knew' of 'disgusting' sex s...
- UN's Reaction to Climate Gate, $60 Billion to Moni...
- Woman Spray-Paints Hitler Comment on Own Home in P...
- Controversial Law on Illegal Immigrant Youth to Ta...
- North Carolina Teen Stabbed Classmate Over Doughnu...
- Reporter Fired for Anti-Gay Marriage E-Mail.
- Pakistan: Detained Americans Admit Jihad Plan
- First Frosty now its Mrs Claus.
- The White House's Acorn Cookies.
- South Carolina Lawmakers Reject Move to Impeach Sa...
- Carnivorous Potatoes?! This isn't Attack of the Ki...
- Something related to Global Warming.
- This is in relation to my Guantánamo Article.
- My Rage at the Minimum Wage
- This isn't Willy Wonka's Exploding Chewing Gum.
- Climategate update: Climategate 'tip of the iceber...
- Ahmadinejad Reportedly Claims U.S. is Blocking Ret...
- Sensenbrenner: No New Laws Until Climate Data 'Sci...
- technorati Claim Status
- Woman armed with shotgun blasts 'crazed' home intr...
- The Climate "Circus"
- Climate Change, Global Warming, or whatever they w...
- CBS "Frosty the Inappropriate Snowman" Ad
- More on the Climate Summit.
- Florida Court to Pay for Neo-Nazi's 'Makeover'
- Christmas Axed From Climate Summit.
- Today is the 68th Anniversary of the attack on Pea...
- Want to sneak into U.S.? There's an app for that.
- NERF guns considered real firearms
- Obama and the Private Sector
- Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child
- Safe schools Czar recommends porn for classroom re...
- Violence, Lies, & Video Games
- On Bill O’Rilly's column “Vlad the Assailer” (Aug ...
- Closing Guantánamo & the possibility of a Jail Bre...
- ▼ December (80)
- 9/11 (4)
- Abortion (7)
- Articles and Columns (51)
- Bill O'Reilly (21)
- business (8)
- charity (2)
- Coffee Party (1)
- Conservatism (12)
- Crime (17)
- Death and Taxes (1)
- Death Penalty (2)
- Economics (13)
- Education (6)
- Election 2012 (1)
- Ethanol (1)
- Florida Senate Race (1)
- Follow Up (5)
- Gambling (1)
- Glenn Beck (6)
- Global Warming (33)
- Gold Standard (2)
- GOP (1)
- Guantánamo (6)
- Gun Control (8)
- Guns (7)
- Health Care (3)
- History (13)
- Homeschooling (4)
- Humor (7)
- Illegal Immigration (7)
- Iraq War (1)
- James O'Keefe (2)
- Katrina (3)
- News (197)
- Nuclear Power (2)
- Obama Administration (38)
- Oil (4)
- PC Games (1)
- Personal Responsibility (19)
- Personal Thoughts (27)
- PETA (2)
- Political Cartoons (2)
- Popular Culture (1)
- Pornography (1)
- Preview (1)
- Progressive (3)
- Quotes (10)
- Railroads (1)
- Religion (3)
- Republican Party. (1)
- Review Wednesday (2)
- Ron Paul (1)
- Schools (21)
- Science (16)
- Something New and Different (2)
- Somthing New and Different (2)
- Taxes (1)
- Tea Party (6)
- terrorism (4)
- UN (3)
- Unions (1)
- US Economy (5)
- US Supreme Court (1)
- Veterans (2)
- Video Games (1)
- Video/Music Clip (27)
- Violence (3)
- War (10)
- War on Terror (10)
- Wasted Tax dollars (2)
- Weiners (2)
- World News (37)
- WW2 (3)